Passage: Romans 12:1 (part 2)
1. First Freewill Offering – Burnt or Whole offering (Leviticus 1)
- Gal 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Phil 1:21 – For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- Rev 1:17 – When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.
- Matt 22:37 – And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Josh 22:5 – Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
- Jer. 29:13 – You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart,
2. Second Freewill offering – Grain Offering (Leviticus 2)
- Prov. 3:9-10 – Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the first-fruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.
- Ex 22:29 – “You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses.
- Ex 23:19 – “The best of the first-fruits of your ground you shall bring into the house of the Lord your God.
- 2 Cor 9:6-8 – The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
3. Third Freewill offering – Peace Offering (Leviticus 3)
- Rom 5:1 – Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eph. 2:17-19 – And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God
- 1 Cor 11:17-18 – But in the following instructions I do not commend you, because when you come together it is not for the better but for the worse. 18 For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you.
- 1 Cor.11:20-22 – When you come together, it is not the Lord’s supper that you eat. 21 For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not.
- 1 Cor 11:27-29 – Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.