Passage: Luke 11:9-13
Lesson #1 – Fathers discipline their children in love
- Revelation 3:19 – Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
- Hebrews 12:6 – For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.
- John 9:2-3 – And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
- Hebrews 12:11 – For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Lesson #2 – Fathers delight in their children and desire to give them the best of everything
- John 17:3 – And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
- Matthew 21:9 – And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”
- Psalm 118:25-26 – Save us, we pray, O LORD! O LORD, we pray, give us success! 26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! We bless you from the house of the LORD.
- Ephesians 1:3-6 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.